Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Tickets BOOKED. Sweet deal!

Well, it's taken about a week and a lot of blood, sweat and tears, but I finally did it... I booked my flight to London! So, I take the red-eye from Accra to London-Gatwick for the night of December 16-17. Then I'll take the bus to Heathrow to meet my darling Maleaha in the morning and then (if all goes according to plan) we shall set off by train across Wales and take a ferry to the Emerald Isle.

From there, we will find our way to Dublin and meet up with Anthony and Rob (friends all the way back from our Brother André days) and crash at their place for the next while. It'll then be three weeks of relaxing, exploring the city and even the countryside, with Christmas and New Year's there to boot! I'm really excited for this Chrismas, because I didn't want to spend it in Africa. I really wanted to go some place cold and familiar, yet still have an adventure!

This way, I'll have a Christmas abroad with my love and great friends who we go way back with - the closest thing to family I can find on this side of the pond! I know it'll be great for all of us, since Rob and Anthony are probably going to need some old friends to get them through the holidays. I'm so stoked!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your Christmas plans.... I think that sounds great. Always nice to have great friends around the globe and Anthony and Rob sound like GREAT friends. Anyway, Mike, that must make the light at the end of the tunnel much brighter.
Take care of yourself,
A. Mare

Anonymous said...

you damn right were great friends!

hahaha seriously. christmas is going to kick so much ass.

now make sure you have "the rocky road to dublin" in your head.

1-2-3-4-5!

slainte!!!
Anthony

Mr. Obruni said...

Best. Irish Christmas. Ever.

...I hope!