Monday, November 28, 2005

All Systems Are Go...

Dear Diary,

Could today be the greatest Monday in the history of mankind? Most days you can only get one or two things done, due to travel times and things rarely working out the way you plan them to. However, I just had the most productive morning here since I arrived.

1) Reconfirmed that my ticket for London is legit.

2) After weeks of freaking out and multiple visits, I finally received my passport from the immigration office and am officially a legal resident of Ghana, which means now I'm allowed to go and come as I please. ("Go and come" - Ghanaian slang for leaving somewhere with the intention of returning shortly)

3) After weeks of suspense, I have been told by the Assistant Registrar that I will indeed be moved to a single room next semester! It will be in the new International Student Hostel ("ISH 2" or "Bizarro ISH" as I like to call it) that is almost complete, just down the road. So I'll have a new room, new facilities, be closer to the Night Market and - most importantly - have a personal space. Finally I can start settling in physically and mentally and as Jon has said, I'll have a place to hide. To say I'm excited would be an understatement. In the words of my dear friend Rick, I'm stoked!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey man- Lights Of Toronto was just played on CFRU! details later.

-GK