Wednesday, December 28, 2005

A Midwinter Night's Dream

I awoke sometime last night and looked outside. I looked down to the street and noticed something moving under the streetlight... was that SNOW falling?

Indeed it was! I quickly put on a sweater and went outside, where the sky was filled with white fluffy flakes. They melted as they hit the ground, but it was a joy to see it, all the same. I went for a walk around the block downtown and it was gone by the time I reached Anthony's apartment, but it was worth it. There were few people out at that time of night (whatever that time was) and there would be no trace that it ever came. It was like a strange dream that only I could remember...

I had said that if it snowed even once while I was here, I'd consider it a successful trip. Check that one off - and I've still got two weeks left!

Sweet.

No comments: