Saturday, February 11, 2006

To Market, To Market

This weekend I decided to spruce up my room and make all of my large "living" purchases of the semester. So Hannah and I made a day out of going to Medina Market. Three hours and 500,000 cedi (about CAN $60) later, I bought:

-Computer speakers to plug my iPod and CD player into
-Bowl, glasses and cutlery
-Coffee mug with "Nescafe" written in Russian
-Electric kettle
-Running shoes (UPower brand... love those knock-offs!)
-Straw mat for carpet
-Way too much fabric for decorations (and later, clothes)

I'm quite happy with my speakers, since now I can fill my room with sound. I'm also putting up my development and West African maps, Irish goodies and trinkets. As superficial as it sounds, I'm so happy to finally have my own space for this semester.

Next project: pump my rugby ball so I can play some pick-up. Ruck 'em!

No comments: