Tuesday, March 07, 2006

African Lion Safari (No, Seriously)

As per the stipulations of my birthday present to myself, tomorrow morning (Inshallah) I’ll be taking an all-day bus to Wa in the Upper West Region of Ghana. The next nine days will consist of hippo watching at Wechiau with Meghan, then afterwards striking out on my own watching wildlife at Mole National Park and whatever else I have the time for in the North of Ghana. My plans will ultimately culminate in getting to the Northern tip of Lake Volta and taking a ferry all the way to Akosombo, only two hours drive from Accra. If I make it home in time for classes next Friday and St. Patrick’s Day celebrations, it will be a success. Here’s hoping!


(Note: As a birthday present to the rest of you, I transcribed my travel notes in Mali from January 24th to February 6th, including my über-exciting trip on the Niger River.)

No comments: