Friday, September 09, 2005

Licensed to Ill

Thanks a bunch for the e-mails I received last night. And a bigger thanks to Maleaha for calling me. Yesterday evening I started feeling better and my temperature had dropped all the way to 96.8F. Great news, right?

Not really. When I woke up, I was boiling and was all the way up to 102.5. Yikes. (Today's forecast: a high of 102.5 and excessive fatigue) So the trip to Volta Region had to be canned. I spent most of the day lying in bed, sipping on water and groaning, wondering where Maleaha was to nurse me back to health. Then my temperature started going back down. I went out to get a malaria test done, but apparently 2:30PM is too late for the doctor. Come back tomorrow. (No wonder there's a private system here)

Anyways, all of that walking just brought my temperature back up to almost 102, but I'm bringing it down with more water and ibuprofen. Apparently malaria symptoms come in cycles throughout the day. This bites. I've been hot, tired, achey, coughing and sneezing, but I haven't got nauseous or the chills, which is good.

Friday's film du jour: Hitch. Why do I keep watching these lame comedies?

No comments: