Saturday, September 10, 2005

Ill Communication

This morning was the worst yet. I woke up at 8, went to the bathroom and suddenly my vision got fuzzy and I fell over and conked my head. I stumbled back onto my feet and tried to go to the sink. Then I blanked out and found myself lying on my back on the floor. I was feeling very sick to my stomach (a sign of malaria) So I went straight back to bed to clear my head and by 11:30 I was on my way to the hospital for testing. 4 hours later I find out that they can't see any malaria parasites in my blood, but that doesn't mean it's not somewhere in my system. So I have to take some meds until Monday and then we'll see what happens from there.

I'm kinda pissed off and it's not because I'm sick, but that even after going to the hospital, I don't know exactly what is happening with me. Is it malaria? Is it some other disease? Is it just some wicked fever? Who knows. Unless something interesting happens, I'll stop writing about this ordeal for now.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Geez, after all those shots? As always, I'm rooting for ya. Pray God it's nothing serious. I know what Mike gets for Christmas: A big bucket of QUININE! :)

-GK

Anonymous said...

Mikey! I'm so sorry to hear that you're so sick. I hope you feel better soon hun. Get lots of rest. Take care Mike.

-Chris

Anonymous said...

i need to get you a case of brio, probably the world's only quinine flavoured soda.

Mr. Obruni said...

Mmm... quinine flavour...

Anonymous said...

mike, I'm hoping you feel better very very soon :(

Amanda

Anonymous said...

hey hun, we're all a little worried about ya, so how about a post or something telling us about your condition? has the fever done down at least?
-Maleaha

Anonymous said...

hey mike. i hope you get better.
I'll be checking up on you regularly once i get my internet set up in ireland. Im leaving tomorrow!!!

But as maleaha said... do update us!

Anth