Tuesday, September 13, 2005

One Month and Still Alive

Well, I've been feeling better since Sunday morning (I decided to wait a bit before considering myself "healthy") and so it looks like the malaria - or whatever it was - has passed through my system. My temperature is normal, my muscles are fine, my appetite is back and I haven't blacked out since that episode in the bathroom. And just in time, because...

I've been here for a month and I'm still sane!

Yes, it's been 31 days since I touched down and it feels like it's been forever. I've had my highs (trips, parties) and my lows (being sick/homesick - they seem to come in pairs) but I've made it this far. One down, eight to go. It's still a long ways away, but I feel that I can make it now.

Thanks to everyone who has been reading this and leaving comments. It's always great to get them. I'm going to try and spruce up the blog soon, probably with outside help. And maybe soon I'll go downtown and upload some photos from my camera...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah Mikey!

Glad to hear you are feelimg better son, but SANE? What happened to you? Can't be the Prosser side taking over and we know it's not the Creightons....
Love,
Y.M.

Anonymous said...

Mike,

Glad to hear you're feeling well again. Have to agree with Y.M., it's just not in your genes to be sane. May as well enjoy it while you can.

It would be great if you could put some photos on your site. I have a mental picture in my head, but I bet it's not anything like that.

Keep healthy,

Elizabeth S.

Anonymous said...

Hey Mike,
I am so glad to hear you are feeling better.... that was scary.

Would love to see come pics.

Take care of yourself

Mary-Anne