Saturday, October 15, 2005

Pancakes and Coffee and Toast, Oh My...

Today I woke up feeling a little bit crusty, realizing that I had spent a fair bit more last month than I had realized. So for the next month, I'll try the budgeting game and see where all of this cash goes... (don't worry Mom and Dad, I'll be okay for the time being)

So what can a poor boy do to elevate his mood in the morning?

Make pancakes. That's what he can do.

And that's what I did. I used the mix and syrup bought from Koala and invited a bunch of people to the kitchen to partake. And as with Tostitos, when you have pancakes, you have a party. This one quickly escalated into an all-out brunch. Meaghan's partner Cara had flown in the night before and with her came all of the Western goods that we missed in Africa. We made coffee with fresh ground roast, enjoyed some whole wheat health bread and, la piece de resistance: my long-awaited toaster! I was so thrilled to finally have it. So we had tons of pancakes, fresh coffee and toast with strawberry jam.

It was really awesome to have everything come together so perfectly: I brought the stuff and started it off, Lisa brought the eggs and oil, Adrienne got the pancake-making system to a science, Cara and Meaghan brought the coffee and bread, Lucas fixed the toaster and we all sat around and had a great time. And to boot, I plugged my iPod into some speakers, so we listened to Broken Social Scene and Modest Mouse as we ate. We may as well have been back home!

I hope that this starts something weekly, like some sort of Friday morning pancake breakfast kind of thing.

Yum.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

FINALLY the man gets his pancakes! Vive la Canada!

-GL

Anonymous said...

Dial 'L" for lKrauter...