Thursday, October 13, 2005

Two Months and Still Chuggin' Along

Alright! So I've been in Ghana for a whole two months and while that doesn't seem like an important milestone, it definitely feels good to have under my belt. The first month was all about adjusting to African life and the second was more about finding a groove. I'm still finding that groove, but I feel like I have a better picture of where I am and where I want to be in general while here.

The biggest part about the two-month milestone is that I can see the road ahead and I feel like I can get through until May. I've got about two months until I head out to Ireland for a few weeks, then I'll keep on travelling until the end of January, when classes pick up again. Then it'll be four months and I'm back in the Great White North. (just in time for summer!) So there, it looks like a piece of cake.

Contrast that with my American friends, almost all who are here for one semester. For most of them, they're at their halfway mark because they'll be returning to the US for Christmas. At least us Canadians can sit back and relax while they try and fit in all of the Africa they can in a few weekends. Either way, a lot of them have become good friends, so I want to hang out with them as much as possible. Apparently next semester it's all British students and they have a reputation for being pretty anti-social. Thank God for Canadians!

No comments: