Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Crunch Time

So I'm in the thick of exams. Tomorrow morning (7:30, to be exact) is Written Arabic, which, despite being a first year course, is going to be tougher than all of my level 400 classes put together! The whole university is pretty tense these days, since exams routinely count for 100% of a course's grade. Sleep schedules are erratic, Ghanaians are becoming hermetic, while the Americans are apathetic. (Heck, revision week is as good an excuse as any to backpack to Mali!)

In the Hostel, the study rooms are always filled and I can't even study in the kitchen these days, because people are at the table. My room is also becoming a hotspot of academic activity, for the first time this semester. I have to study on the balcony to have privacy, which I feel a lot more at peace at, compared to the room itself. Watching planes take off and land at the airport is one of my favourite activities here.


Thought of the day: My roommate Patrick recently acted in a commercial for Areeba cell phones (the major provider in Ghana) that is apparently on TV all the time. So how come he is out of units on his phone and why does he keep borrowing MY cell to make calls?

No comments: