Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Happy Three Years, Maleaha!

Well, it's an odd place to celebrate, but my love and I are having a little webcam "date" from the swanky internet cafe on campus (it's twice the price, but 10 times as fast). The occassion? We've been together for three whole years. And they've been the best three years of my life, most definitely.

For all of you prospective travellers out there in a committed relationship, I can't say that I'd recommend going away for nine months if you've got someone special that needs you. Lisa, Meghan and I have all had to leave very significant others back home and we've been trying to keep in as close contact with them as possible. E-mails, internet chatting, letters, postcards, phonecalls... whatever it takes! At times, it's been very difficult and stressful for all of us. The space between can make you feel different, distant and helpless to whatever's happening. Sometimes it feels like too much...

Thankfully, we've all got plans to meet up with them sometime during the semester. Meghan's partner Garrett may be coming during Reading Week, Lisa's husband Peter is coming for three weeks and I'll be meeting Maleaha halfway for our England/Ireland adventure. (Ah compromise, the sign of a healthy relationship!)

Well, here's to you, Maleaha! I hope the fourth year anniversary will be better than the third!


"And though the world may fall apart
You've got my soul, I've got your heart."

-The Dears

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cheers to you both!:) I have an incredible amount of new admiration for the both of yas for going through this together, which is saying a lot. I just hope for the Tories' sake there's a helluva song in there.

- GK

Anonymous said...

u 2 are too cute. miss you mike. all my love and prayers from vancouver.

Mr. Obruni said...

Maleaha - What else says ''I love and cherish you'' like chinese food and jams?

GK - oh don't worry. It's just all a sham, like in American Beauty.

Theresa - I'll send the love and prayers right back to Van City. I hope Rise Up rocks this year!