Saturday, December 24, 2005

Christmas Wishes

O Holy Night
The stars are brightly shining
It is the night of our dear Saviour's birth...


December 24th: While it doesn't feel like it at all, it's already Christmas Eve and the streets of Dublin are packed with people running around like headless chickens trying to get their shopping finished, while Anthony and I are making sure we've stocked up on enough turkey, cranberry and cider to get us through the next few days. Maleaha is lounging on the couch, as per usual...

Tonight we're going to have Christmas Eve dinner and will be staying over at the house of someone I've never met before. Her name is Michelle and she's from Saskatoon, so we'll be having a very Canadian Christmas. Tonight there will be caesar salad, vegetarian lasagna and garlic bread for all as well as turkey, cranberry and potatoes for Anthony and I (call us traditional). We'll finish it off with some Irish coffee and hobnobs... it'll be the best darned Christmas Eve away from home I could hope for!

*****

Anyways, I want to extend my warmest Christmas wishes to everyone. For those back at home, I wish I could be there for the traditional dinner with the family and traditional New Year's at Foy's, but remember that I'm there with you in spirit and I'll be home for Victoria Day...

For those in Ottawa, I definitely miss you and your fine city and wish I could be caroling, partying, skating the canal and all that jazz. I'll see you again by next September...

For those in Ghana, I hope your Christmas cheer is as warm as the weather. I hope your adventures are exciting and I'll be back with you much sooner...

For all of my friends scattered about the world (in the US, Norway, Germany, Palestine... wherever!), I hope your strange and foreign Christmas celebrations rock, too!

Happy Christmas to you all.
Mr. Obruni

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas to you too Mike. Please pass along my message to both Maleaha and Anthony as well. I hope you have a wonderful Christmas, and a very Happy New Year. Take care!
-Chris L.