Wednesday, December 07, 2005

John Hughes, Eat Your Heart Out.

After handing in the final exam paper of the semester, the young man heaves a sigh of relief that had been many months coming. He slings his backpack over his right shoulder and walks confidently away from the Great Hall, away from all of his troubles and into the African sunset, ready for a new adventure. To the sound of the Geto Boys, he walks down the stairs, jumping off the last one with his fist in the air and a lone finger extended. Freeze frame. Fade to black.

Damn it feels good to be a gangsta.


Next up: A week in Togo and Benin. See you around...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I got behind, but read and caught up and I'm glad to see you're doing well. I'm also glad to see your beard.

I still haven't seen anyone in markham OR talked to Chris (not even online, I swear he's MIA) so didn't get the shirt.. I'm sorry Mike :(

I hope you have a great trip and I'm really sorry I couldn't help out.